Monday, August 19, 2013

Berry Sweet Strawberry Party

So, this past weekend we celebrated my baby girl turning 5 years old.....5 years old people! I just can't believe that.
She is such a joy and while I am a little sad that she is not still curled up lying on my chest, I am so excited to continue to watch her grow into a little lady and get to know her as a big girl!

She requested strawberry everything! We had a blast celebrating her. Hope you enjoy the party!
 We had a few little friends over for play time, a game, a strawberry craft and strawberry milk, cookies and strawberries of course!
The night before the party I always bake cakes, decorate and get everything in order so that I can enjoy the kids that day and not have to be rushing around like a crazy person!
So, I added dipping glasses in honey and then sprinkles to my list this time! I stuck them in the freezer until they were ready to fill with strawberry milk!
I found these free Strawberry Shortcake coloring sheets online and printed 2 off for each little girl. Then, I put together little craft bags with all of their needed supplies, cut and ready for them because I knew they wouldn't have time to do it all. I got my inspiration for the craft here. I changed it up just a tad by adding little rhinestone initial stickers to each bag.
I made several pretty little banners out of paper doilies and scrapbook papers. I really loved how they turned out...so girly!
Now, we're moving onto cake and ice cream with friends AND family!
I also filled these little cups with ice cream and fresh strawberry syrup the night before; placed them on a cookie sheet and slid them into the freezer. The next day, I simply pulled them out and added whipped cream and sprinkles!
I feel so much better the day of the party when I am prepared. I am able to enjoy the celebration so much more.
She's 5!!! CRAZY!
I made this 5 by drawing a 5 on foam board, cutting it out using an exacto knife, and then wrapping it with strips of fabric. Then I added the little rosettes and ribbon. I did the same thing here for my little boys Sock Monkey party.

We had a berry sweet day celebrating my baby girl!
-Jenny



2 comments:

  1. Jenny it turned out Awesome! Give your little lady a high five from us ;)!

    Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a happy party!

    Hello, friend. I wanted to stop by and thank you for being a part of my blog in 2013. You have been a blessing to me. For the coming year, I have a few wishes for you.

    May 2014 bring you much joy.
    May we all have peace in our homes,
    laughter by our firesides,
    time spent with family,
    and contentment in our hearts.
    Be well, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Sunshine from our friends