Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Heavy Heart Of Thanksgiving & Prayer-Oklahoma

My heart is heavy today thinking about the loss in Oklahoma; the lives that were lost and the homes that were destroyed.

It is hard to find words when something like this happens. It is hard to fathom what that must be like; to wrap my mind around the whole of it. It seems so surreal.  But it is so very real to so many right now at this very moment.

My heart is heavy for the parents that sent their children to school that morning, never to have the opportunity to pick them up from school again; for the brother or sister that lost their sibling; for the children that have to bear the unspeakable loss of a parent; and for so many that must start all over rebuilding their lives.

When things like this happen, people around the world seem to pull together and rally and give on behalf of those that lost. 
People also either run towards the Lord God, seeking refuge and hope or they run further away with bitterness and anger in their hearts.

It is hard to grasp; to understand.

I, myself, am a believer and follower of Jesus Christ; a child of God. I cannot understand why things happen sometimes. I don't always understand the purpose in everything. But I do know the deep love that my God has for me and those that are His.  
He experienced great loss when His very own Son died a horrific death on the cross...and He did it for me and for those that call upon Him.
I do know that He is ALWAYS good and that ALL that happens is for the good of His children and His glory, even when we cannot see it with our physical eyes or understand it.

I know that many question this in times like these when precious little one's lives have been taken so quickly. I cannot give you an answer as to why. 
But I trust Him.
And I mourn with those parents and I pray for them to have peace and to be comforted. I pray for their hearts. I pray that they run into the arms of the Lord and rest in Him. Without the Lord, we have no hope.

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
Psalm 73:26

Times like this make me even more thankful for all that God has given me and allows me to enjoy everyday. It makes me want to squeeze my husband and children extra tight.

I am thankful for those little ones in Oklahoma; thankful for the time they spent on earth and the time that so many were given to love and enjoy them.

I pray that through this tragic time, that many hearts would be turned to the Lord and that, in that way, their lives would be forever changed.

My heart goes out to the people of Oklahoma and my prayer is for them to experience the love and hope that is in Jesus Christ.

 May God be with you,
-Jenny



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunshine from our friends