Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Southwest Corn Quesadilla Recipe-Simple & Delicious

I tend to really enjoy a certain flavor or food and just run with it.......until we are all just done with it. I know what I like and I like to eat foods that I enjoy and that are good for my body. So when I come across something that "hits the spot", then it's on. I start finding various ways to eat!

Enter: Southwest Corn Quesadillas
I grabbed what I had on hand: tomato, green onion, cilantro, avocado and corn tortillas.
I often know what sounds good and then just go to the fridge and start pulling things out. I love creating, even in the kitchen!
I pulled out my skillet, spread some mashed avocado on one corn tortilla and placed it in the skillet. I then sprinkled on the chopped green onion, some garlic salt, a bit of cumin and chili powder, layered three large tomato slices on top with a small bit of sea salt on top, and added the fresh cilantro.
Next, I placed another corn tortilla with more mashed avocado on the top.

Your burner should be on med-high heat this entire time. Once you have placed all of your ingredients and topped it with the second corn tortilla, you very gently flip it over. Let it toast the top tortilla for just a minute or two and you are done!

Once on my plate, I topped it off with a spoonful of salsa, a few pieces of avocado and more fresh
cilantro.

A simple, fresh, and delicious meal.

Enjoy!
-Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunshine from our friends