Monday, February 25, 2013

Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cupcakes

I posted about these in an earlier post today, but we made them again this morning so I was able to snap some better photos of them for you.
 Truth be told, eating these is really much like eating a cookie for breakfast. But, shhhhhh, don't tell anyone.
 Here is the original recipe.

I added a few things.
We didn't have blueberries but we did have mini chocolate chips and who doesn't think chocolate in the morning is fun!
I also added about 2 tsp of chia seeds, 1/3 cup organic unsweetened shredded coconut, 1tsp cinnamon and 1/4 cup chopped pecans.
I think you could pretty much add whatever you wanted.

Some add-ins that I thought of and will be trying soon:
Option 1-raisins, shredded carrots and sunflower kernels
Option 2- small pieces of diced apples, cinnamon, and pecans
Option 3- using pumpkin instead of bananas and adding cinnamon and pecans

Can't wait to try these different variations. These were so delicious and so good for you, minus the chocolate. ;)
If you try them, let me know what you think.

Enjoy!
-Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunshine from our friends