Friday, December 14, 2012

DiY Kids Felt Christmas Stocking

I’m always on the prowl for fun Christmas stockings. The best ones are soooo very expensive so I decided to make ours this year. So far I’ve finished Keylee’s out of felt and I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. Yes, another project made of felt. I have a big box full of the stuff and because it is so inexpensive and easy to work with I make A LOT of stuff out of it.

 
~Use an old stocking as a template and traced around it onto the felt.
~Cut out one side and then pin it to the felt and cut the other side.



~Use some thick craft thread and whip stitch around the outside of the two pieces.
 
~Add whatever embellishments you like (I chose a present that I stitched ’12 onto and her initials).

~Add a loop at the top to hang it with using the same whip stitch (I chose green felt with red stitching opposite the stocking itself).

Her stocking ended up being about 21inches by 8 inches. Pretty good size stocking for a little! Soon comes the fun part…stuffing it full of goodies!

Happy Friday,
Daspri

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunshine from our friends