Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tiny Taco Tuesday

Hey friends,

I wanted to share a fun little tip for making some bite size (actually a couple bites size) open face tacos. I found an idea on Pinterest using wonton wrappers but I didn’t have any so I just pulled out my tortillas.
 
Cook your ground meat (turkey, beef, etc), drain, and add your taco seasonings.  I found a great recipe online the other day to make from ingredients I usually have at home here.

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

Directions:
1.
In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container.


It makes enough for a pound of meat.
Once your meat is ready, grab a muffin tin, a glass with an opening about the size of the muffin tin holes, and a knife. Just sit your glass on the tortilla as a guide and cut around it. My medium tortillas made about 3 smaller rounds.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Push the small rounds into the muffin tin and bake at 350 for 5 -10 minutes just until the edges start getting a little brown (I don’t coat mine with anything but you can, just watch extra close because the edges will brown faster).
 
Pull them out and let them cool for a few minutes then pop them out and stuff them with your taco meat. You can add any taco toppings you like or none at all. For ours I just added a little salsa and cheese. Yum! Perfect for tiny hands or for party appetizers.

Delicious!

Daspri

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunshine from our friends