Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Gluten Free Grain Free Pumpkin Bread


 Gluten Free Grain Free Pumpkin Bread....Dairy free, sugar free, gluten free pumpkin bread....either way you say it, it's a mouth full!
But what do you get when you make this bread? Also a mouth full!
(sorry, I just couldn't resist)

But seriously, this pumpkin bread is amazing and I am one happy gal.  I LOVE pumpkin, well, everything!
So far, I really have not missed anything with the way I have been eating. I haven't craved sugar or even wanted those things anymore.

However, once the weather began getting a little cooler and Starbucks started introducing their yummy, infamous Pumpkin Latte.....I got a little sad. It is not the craving of sugar or something sweet but more so, a craving for the whole Fall experience that I love so much.

So, when my friend Amy dropped by one day with this little treat, I was so excited! I loved it at first bite and then I found out that it came from my favorite raw/whole food website too! Go check out the original posting of this recipe here.

This morning, I enjoyed my pumpkin bread with some homemade pumpkin spice latte too. Too much pumpkin? Never!

Gluten Free, Grain Free Pumpkin Bread
1/2 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup almond butter
1/3 cup honey
2 eggs
2tsp pumpkin pie spice
1tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

Grease an 8x8 pan generously (i use coconut oil)
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

*I added some pecans to the top. 
*I have also used 1/2 peanut butter and 1/2 almond butter because I really wanted some pumpkin bread and 
didn't have enough almond butter one day to make it. It still turned out really good but you could taste a bit of the peanut butter so if you are not a fan of peanut butter, then I would not suggest it. But we loved it!
 * You can also make this vegan free by using 2 flax eggs

Pumpkin Spice Latte
strong coffee ( i prefer espresso roast)
cup of almond milk 
tsp vanilla
tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1-2 tbsp maple syrup

I do not have an espresso machine and many times, have wanted to enjoy a latte at home or make a guest a special drink. 
So, I improvised!
Grab a sauce pan and pour your milk and other ingredients in. 
Turn up the heat- medium high.
Grab a whisk and start mixing and frothing!
Once it is nice and hot and you have a pretty foam on top, you are ready to pour this goodness into your coffee cup (on top of your strong coffee, of course)
Hold the foam back with a spoon while you pour and then scoop the foam up and top of your drink.
I like to sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on top too!

Enjoy!!!!!
        
 
         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunshine from our friends