Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Conquer the Gauntlet

Well Happy Tuesday everyone. You made it through Monday! My Monday was a pretty fun one but I was still a bit worn out from the weekend. This weekend I and my three brothers took on a 4 mile obstacle course race called Conquer the Gauntlet. It was a lot of fun and physically challenging but most of all a great experience with the bros. We have done fun things together here and there as adults [just the four of us-we usually like to include the spouses and 9 kids we have between the 4 of us] but this was our first race experience together-ever.


The race started out with a nearly 1 mile run through woods and up and down small hills to eventually land me at the first obstacle which was a contraption made of barbwire and bungee cords that I had to work my way through. After that another run and on to more and more obstacles. There was a nice couple mud pits to run through, one up to my chest and the next up to my waist. Of course this was close to the beginning so you were surely wet and muddy for most of the obstacles. Here are a few that we faced after the mud pit!

 
 
 

The five walls in a row were certainly the hardest endurance wise. I was fortunate enough to have a couple bros to help lift me up and get me over but even with help my arms and shoulders were screaming at me.

The obstacles got higher and seemingly more challenging as I went along. I’m sure that had something to do with being worn out from the ones before. The final wall was quite a wall indeed. It was at least 12 feet tall and had very little assistance for getting oneself up. Again I had my bros to help me out and we got over it and through the final obstacle-the gauntlet-and conquered the course.

Was a great day and so much fun to do it with my bros. I’m in pretty good shape right now, best I’ve been in for quite some time but as for doing it again, I’m certainly game but I think I’m going to have to start lifting some heavier weights and running much longer distances before we step up to the next level of challenges.

We CONQUERED the GAUNTLET!
 


All the best, enjoy your week!
Daspri

4 comments:

  1. I did not know you were doing that! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  2. www.conquerthegauntlet.com new obstacles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! great work! check out the all new website here, www.conquerthegauntlet.com massive improvements always happening at CTG HQ

    ReplyDelete

Sunshine from our friends