Saturday, August 18, 2012

Just Hang On!

Life is FULL of surprises! Sometimes those surprises bring joy and sometimes they bring trials. Some days it is simply hard to hang on.  Some days I am just too physically and spiritually weak and lack the strength to hold on.
I mean, life can just be down right CRAZY at times.  Now, I doubt very seriously that any of us will be sporting a power ranger costume while riding a dinosaur wearing a blood pressure cuff....just saying.  But really, sometimes life feels THIS crazy!

The good news is this: I don't have to be strong everyday. And that's really good news, because I am just not.
"He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

"In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart,  I have overcome the world." John 16:33

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

Everyday, I am learning; learning to let go of my problems, fears, and struggles and ride out this sometimes crazy life with my hands in the air! I am learning that what I need to be constantly hanging onto is Christ and the promises He has made.
When I let go, do my problems go away?  No, not at all. But when I let go of the problems and hang onto Christ, the fear and despair goes away. It is only then that I can let go, hands in the air and be free.

In Him, I have hope because I know that this life is not the end.
I have hope because I know that in Him, my life has eternal purpose.
In Him, I can rest because in Him and through Him, I have been set free.
In Him, I have peace because I know that He works all things for my good and His glory. (Romans 8:28)
In Him, I have joy, even in the midst of trials because I know God is at work and that His work is bigger than just me and my trials. (James 1:1-4; 1:12)


Let go, hang on, and enjoy the ride!

-Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunshine from our friends